Thursday, October 25, 2012

Too Cute!

The baby gift is done.  Those little socks are so cute I grin every time I look at them.




These were made in Deborah Norville Serenity Sock Yarn, Pink Sugar on US 1.

No stitching happened this week, for various reasons.  One was the baby gift.  The other is the new neighbor moved in a couple of weeks ago and I'm adjusting (not so well) to the new noise.  And yesterday, I discovered he has two very large pit bulls.  Lovely.  Just to clarify, I live in a townhouse and so we are pretty much right on top of one another with yards the size of postage stamps.  I just don't understand why you would rent a place with such a small yard when you own two large dogs.  And my experience with one of the previous renters with two big boxers, was the stench from the yard meant I could not enjoy being out in my backyard in the warm weather because they are too lazy to clean up after them.  (We don't have privacy fences, only a picket fence with no alternative allowed.)  There are already several very large piles in the yard.  Ick.  At least this time, I have the landlord's info and I will be calling them if this becomes an issue again.  As well as the HOA.  So, now I am also looking at the option of getting my place (finally) fixed up in order to sell at sometime in the maybe not so distant future.  I'm thinking in the time range of 2-5 years, if I survive that long.  It also means, once we get going on the remodeling, I will have even less time to stitch.  Who knows, maybe this was the incentive I needed to get my off my procrastinating butt and get going on the work I've been wanting to get done.  I'm desperately looking for the silver lining here.  So, needless to say, I'm pretty stressed out.  Work gives me enough grief, I'd really like to be able to enjoy my home life. 

So I did a little retail therapy this week and picked up The Frog Prince from HAED.  I finally caved and splurged on Wicked for my Christmas present to myself.  I have no idea how long that will take to arrive from Canada.  It's riduculous that I will then have a pair of socks that cost more than almost any other article of clothing I own.  It's a sickness for sure.  I am also trying to obtain a new thimble.  I'll let you know how that goes.  But I guess next year I will have to stop the impulse buying I have been indulging in this year if I am going to save up for another down payment.   

Happy Stitching,
Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment