Saturday, July 28, 2012

Those Summer Blahs

It's continued to be hot, and humid with a good chance of multiple scary thunderstorms these past couple of weeks.  That time of year when you are a bit chilly inside in the A/C and go outside to get warm and it takes less than 5 minutes to have your skin feel like it will melt right off you.  Ick.  I'm starting to get in that fall mindset.  And then, there is some vacation time to finally get to look forward to.  Last year's vacation time was nixed by a little suprise appendectomy and my vacation time was used as recovery time.  Not quite as fun and relaxing.  So, I'm really (REALLY!) looking forward to this year's time away from work.  I have no particular plans other than to not have to think too hard about anything, lol.  Now on to the stitching updates.

Nature's Little Helper is progressing at it's usual snail's pace:



The Holden Shawlette almost has the stockinette section done (only 8 more rows).  Then I get to move on to the lace border.  Praying for the Knitting Gods to help me through that. 




Let's just say I'm very happy for lifelines.

The socks, hopefully, will be done in the next week or so.  I'm turning the heel tonight, then it's all downhill from there.  I'm so sick of looking at this same pair for the past two months.  So, of course, I had to go and plump up the sock yarn stash. 




That's Trekking XXL color 43 on the right and Green Dragon Yarns Tonal Lavendar on the left.  The Green Dragon Yarn was quite pricey, but there was no way I was leaving that purple behind.  I have no idea if it will end up as socks or something else yet. 

The good part about summer is the vegetables.  Frying up some squash and onions today.  Yum. 




During the mind-numbingly quiet times at work this week, I have been reading through GlennaC's blog Knitting to Stay Sane and I love, love, love these socks and I think I will soon have to figure out how to knit with more than one color of yarn.  But, I gotta have those socks or something very similar (ie maybe not knee highs). 

But I must, I must first finish the Monkeys and the ribbed socks I started and knit up some of the other stash.  Oh, and there is a hat I am going to try to get to this fall, too.  And it's gotta be in that green.  Well, not THAT green because apparently, they are no longer making that yarn, but I think I can find a good substitute. 

So, I'm off to watch some Olympics (Thanks, NBC for spoiling the swimming you will be showing in prime time with who won...and who lost, which was the bigger news, apparently) and turn the heel on this sock.  Stay cool!

Tamara

1 comment:

  1. Nature's Little Helper is coming along and I love the colors. Brave you on the Holden Shawlette : ) Always wanted to knit but seeing projects like yours seem so overwhelming to me. Good Luck and Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete