Thursday, August 11, 2011

One Stitch At A Time

Progress on this piece is so slow because of the heavy confetti stitching (areas with a lot of color changes).  I stitch for hours and, if I'm lucky, end up with an area approximately the size of a postage stamp to show for my efforts.  I had a spot of 13 stitches grouped together with 11 color changes!  A lot of stitchers "park" their thread, but that doesn't work for me.  I'm too easily confused, lol.  So, it's one needle and one color at a time for me. 

On HAED type patterns, I generally work the 10 X 10 blocks across the page from left to right, top to bottom.  This week I did finish a row of blocks, about 750 stitches.  Yesterday I was getting the urge to put it away again, but I would really like to finish this page;  it's been languishing unfinished since April.  Here's the latest picture:


This puts me just past halfway with this page.  With any luck, I just may finish it before caving and moving back to something less frustrating!  Stay tuned!

Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment